Studio 180 Design Certified Instructor Training September 18 – 24, 2022
If you've listened to me talk for any amount of time, I'm sure you've heard me talk about my "CI's" or Certified Instructors. Usually, I give a brief description of what that is, but today? Today I'm going to give you the whole spiel, because it's time to start accepting applications for my annual Certified Instructor Training!
My Certified Instructor course is not a simple "how to use the tools" class, it's an advanced course designed to help each participant fully understand the workings of the tools and how best to present them. While the uses for the tools and Technique Sheets will be explored, familiarity with our products prior to attending the class is mandatory.
Throughout the six-day session you'll learn how I approach my classes, present the information, evaluate the work, handle the troubleshooting, build confidence in each student, and guide them toward becoming independent, knowledgeable, capable, and successful quilters. I truly believe that if fun is part of the equation, learning will be the end result! This isn’t just a lecture format class, there are discussion sessions and importantly, you’ll practice how to do it too.
So, if you're ready to become a better instructor, a more educated quilt maker, and an empowered facilitator to all who want to learn more about quilting, then join us for our next Certified Instructor Class. We'll laugh a little, grow a little, and learn a lot! You'll be glad you did. And so will your students!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE
- You should be a confident quilter and very familiar with rotary cutting, sewing, and pressing, as well as all of Studio 180 Design's tools and the basics of how they work.
- You should have at least some experience teaching quilting. If you haven’t taught quilting, but have taught other crafts courses, that would be OK. The important thing is that you have dealt with students and the kinds of issues they have in this kind of course.
- You will be asked to make a set of blocks for admission into class that will involve each of the tools, so this is not the class for a quilter interested in learning the basics of the tools.
- You should plan on being in training sessions from 8 am to 5 pm for all 6 days of the course. Early morning or late evening hours will be available in the classroom for class homework and personal sewing time.
- There will be some class pre-work required, including precutting and samples for some of the simpler Technique Sheets.
A FEW FINAL NOTES….
- Tuition for the class is $1200. Your tuition covers the class fee, class materials and other goodies, lunches, and a celebratory banquet. There is a block of rooms at the conference hotel for $129 a night, single or double occupancy, including breakfast. We can match up students interested in sharing a room.
- This year’s Certification Class will take place September 18 – 24, 2022.
- You can download the application here, which will give you all the information you need to start your application process today! While we don’t have an explicit due date for the applications, you will want to get all parts of your application (including your block submissions and letters of recommendation) to us sooner rather than later. We will start evaluating applications as they are completed and once we fill the class, you’ll be out of luck until the next time.
- Remember, don’t panic! You, just like everyone else who’s applying, are going to need time to pull together everything you need for a quality application and to sew the best blocks you can. But as my father used to say, “take your time, but hurry up”.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact Diane Marvin at MarvinDM180@gmail.com
Also in News
As promised, I’m continuing to show you other quilts created from our Bellingham Bay fabric collection from Island Batik.
Over the next couple of weeks, as the Bellingham Bay fabric starts to arrive in shops, I’ll be showing you some of the other quilts we have created for the collection.
Thank you all for following along with the Bellingham Bay Blog Hop this week. I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the amazing quilts that my Certified Instructors designed and made using Bellingham Bay, our first Original Collection from Island Batik.